Monday, July 14, 2008

Week in Review July 14th

WEEK IN REVIEW

(The purpose of this meme is to record a weekly memoir of your life to look back on for your own personal reflection/enjoyment and for your children/grandchildren to enjoy and learn from your experiences. Don't you wish your parents/grandparents had left something like this for you?? I do!! Feel free to answer all or any...whatever you want to share and record, and feel free to add any subject I may have overlooked.

Weather ~ 80s & 90s rainy and humid.

Life lessons ~ I'm going with more of a schedule here, we have had 3 graduation parties a multi year reunion for school, out of town relatives are visiting from AZ, dinner out for "fish," 4th of July, since I last posted a review. So lots of gifts, drinks and travel!!!

Favorite Meal(s) ~ Fish dinner out with family.

Treasured Moment(s) Spending a lot of time with extended family, watching my kids around the cousins boyfriend, The Princess especially, I'm not sure how she'll deal when he has to leave!!!

Simple Pleasures ~ Hanging out at my Mom's while my cousins Firefighter boyfriend entertains my kiddos (an they LOVE him!)

Talked with ~ Cousins, Aunts & Uncles, Grandma, In Laws, School Alumni, people from town

Impacting News ~ I hate to admit that I couldn't tell you a single bit of news! We've been so wrapped up in what's going on with family & the parties.

Personal news - the car died, transmission. I think we decided to have it looked at by the transmission people in hopes that it will not be the ultra bad news we are fearing, hey there is always hope right! Also my mini van has been moved to a new mechanic. It has been "waiting" at a different mechanics now for 10 months to be fixed. It is a big job & probably not really "Worth" it. But the alternatives really aren't an option either. We have lived without a car payment since 2000 buying used vehicles with savings and getting lucky at the right times.

Things I Read ~ "Just Do It" By Douglas Brown - interesting read for long time married couples, just keep in mind the guy wrote it. I'm finding it almost a little too much info... but otherwise a good read.

Movies/Videos ~ "Dr. No" - we are big Bond fans!

Interesting Internet ~ finding sites that link to old tv shows (even new ones) like "The 4400," "Firefly," "Mary Tyler Moore" etc etc etc.

Places We Went ~ Parties, parties, parties, fireworks, dinner, Mom's... feels like everywhere

Budget Savers/Busters ~ Opened bank account more local, the one 40 minutes away is fine for direct deposit, but it killed the car to drive to deposit the stimulus check. I am lame I opted for the MOST convenient bank ever, the one located at our Walmart! They are open every day except Christmas, until 7 during the week. I don't think there are any other banks that would do that!

Blessings ~Spending time with family & friends

Challenges ~the car situation

Accomplishments ~ The house is coming together now that we are done flipping rooms around!

Family Happenings parties, parties, parties!!!

Tried Something New ~ The alumni party was it's 2nd annual but our first, so I guess that counts! We will be going again, it was a blast. We went to a really small school so having it open to all alumni makes for one big party! I couldn't tell you how many people were there but I'd say over 400 easily, all ages (including a couple 2008 grads who got roped into helping out!). It has also lit a fire under my hubby who hasn't had a class reunion yet (it'll be 20 in 2010) he is going to try to get their officers to do their job or do it for them!

Photos

My cousins boyfriend with my kiddos enjoying an ice cream & a sunset over a local small lake!

My cousin & her boyfriend

No comments: