Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Pie

I first posted this here. I made it the other night. I reminded me a lot of a thin quiche. I think next time I might double the recipe just to see if I can get it a bit thicker.

I substituted colby jack for the meunster cheese & only used bacon. I think the next time I make it I'll use taco beef. I also added cooked onions, green peppers & mushrooms before I cooked it. I think broccoli might also be good.

I really do like discovering a recipe that is so versatile & frugal all at the same time!



Grilled Cheese Sandwich Pie

1 Egg
3/4 c Flour
1/2 ts Salt
1/8 ts Pepper
1 ts Oregano
1 c Milk
2 1/2 c Meunster cheese, shredded
2 c Ham, crumbled bacon, diced
Mushroom
Peppers

In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, flour, salt, pepper, and half of
milk. Using a rotary beater, beat until smooth. Add remaining milk and
beat until well blended. Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and the ham or
bacon and pour into a well greased 8-inch pie pan or 2 quart baking
dish. Bake at 425F for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top
and bake just until cheese is melted (2 minutes)

No comments: