Sunday, April 1, 2007

Music is everywhere

I was just turned on to Unsigned.com They have a huge collection of unsigned artists in just about every genre you can imagine. They have a bunch of Country Artists. Of course I went right for the Hard Rock genre and found a really interesting "local" band...okay Rochester isn't exactly close, but I've driven that far for a concert before (just in the other directions...) I like how the Internet is becoming more & more influential in who we listen to, we can decide, instead of having to wait for the "industry" to decide for us. Doesn't it really get to you when you buy a CD (or in my case cassette or album...eek) and the best songs aren't released for radio play...grrr. Now we can listen to whatever we want because music is EVERYWHERE online. Now you can generate buzz with out having to land the big contracts!



No comments: