Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Grocery shopping day/Pantry lists

I am off to the grocery store soon. Wish me luck :D.

I have a rather large list, but mostly because we have been using up pantry items, so I am running low on the staples.

I have a large list of items I try to keep on hand at all times

Baking Supplies:

Baking powder (non-aluminum: Refrigerating keeps it fresher)
Baking soda
Sugars (white, brown, powdered)
Cocoa
Milled Flaxseed
Chocolate Chips
Vinegars: red wine, balsamic, white & apple cider
Whole wheat flour
oats
Cornmeal
molasses
vanilla extract

Breads:
Whole wheat bread
Tortillas - flour
White bread for kids
English Muffins

Canned goods:
Crushed tomatoes (I have canned my own in the past)
Diced tomatoes
Tomato paste
Pumpkin puree
Ranch Dressing
Italian Dressing
Pineapple
Apple sauce (although I make it, I like to have it on hand, too)
Evaporated milk
Tuna
Beans (an assortment: Kindey, chili, garbanzo, green)
cream of soup
creamed corn
tomato soup
mushrooms
sweet potatoes
peaches/pears


Condiments:
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Ketchup
Mustards (regular yellow, honey mustard)
Honey
Jams/Jelly (I rarely buy this, but I try to keep grape & strawberry on hand, I make peach)
Peanut butter (smooth & crunchy)
Salsa
worchestershire sauce
horseradish

Seasonings:
Pepper corns
Nutmeg nuts
Ground nutmeg
Garlic powder
Dill
Italian seasoning
parsley
Rosemary
Bay leaves
Basil
Sage
Chili Powder
Thyme
Ginger
Cloves (whole & ground)
Curry powder
allspice
onion powder

Cereals:
"Cheerios"
Crisp Rice
Variety Packs of instant oatmeal

Prepackaged stuff:
macaroni and cheese
Onion Soup mix
veg dip/soup mix
ranch dressing mix (make my own or buy on sale)
brownie mix
cake mix
frosting (I like to make from scratch, but in a pinch it's handy to have)

rice (we use regular white, not instant)
assorted pastas (spaghetti, bowtie, ziti, fettuccini)
(I like the Barila with the flaxseed, I only buy on sale & with a coupon though)
Potato Flakes (for use in bread machine)

Pantry veggies:
Potatoes
Onions
Assorted winter squashes when in season

Refrigerator:
Milk
Butter/Margarine (tub & Stick)
Eggs
Cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, colby-jack)
Yogurt Sticks for kids & plain for cooking
Olive Oil
Sour Cream
Cottage Cheese (when I make pancakes, otherwise we don't eat it)
Cream Cheese (I buy regular & light)
Yeast (bulk from Sam's CLub)
Miracle Whip (Light)


Freezer:
Chicken
Beef
Venison
Pork
french fries
Frozen vegetables
Frozen fruits (pick & freeze my own)
Butter
Homemade popcicles

Vegetable & fruit baskets:
Bananas
Carrots
Celery
Peppers
Mushrooms
Cucumber
Green Onion

Misc.
Coffee
Coffee Creamer
Milk Powder
Kool-Aid mixes
Tea Bags
Hot Cocoa (make my own)
Pancake Mix (make my own)
Bread Mix (make My own)
Biscuit Mix (make my own)
Chocolate Candies (potty training rewards)
Fruit Snacks (kids)
Chips
Tortilla Chips
graham crackers
snack crackers
Assorted Juice (apple, orange, cranberry)

I know there is more that I keep on hand but this is the basics. I should take a picture of my stock, maybe later after I get the groceries put away!!!

No comments: