Saturday, January 20, 2007

Crocked Pineapple Chicken

I don't know how frugal a recipe this will be for most. I don't usually use special chicken cuts, I buy whatever is on sale & right now I have a freezer full of halves, so that's what I'll be using. I have everything for this already in my pantry, I don't use whole cloves of garlic very often, but I do keep a jar of minced in the fridge. I think that I might make this & add a cup of rice, then keep the pineapple juice & add what I'd need to to get the water content to 2 cups. Sounds Yummy to me! BTW the 4 pts are for anyone following weight watchers (not sure how adding rice & the juice would mess it up.)

Crocked Pineapple Chicken (4 PTS)


6 whole chicken breast halves without skin -- skinned and split

1 dash pepper

To taste paprika

20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice -- 1 can tidbits

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 clove garlic -- minced



Arrange chicken in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. In a
small bowl, combine drained pineapple tidbits, mustard and soy sauce. Pour over
chicken. Add minced garlic. Cover and cook on LOW 7-9 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
Makes 6 serving.



Per Serving: 194 Calories; 2g Fat; 28g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary
Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 483mg Sodium.

No comments: