Friday, March 9, 2007

Frugal Friday Tip #1

Ok, I need to start something to keep me on track!!! SO I am going to try to join the Frugal Friday bloggers over at Biblical Womanhood.


How do you make cheap coffee taste better?

Don't get me wrong, I love a cup of gourmet coffee & I really dislike cheap icky tasing coffee, especially since I like it strong. But, we can't afford the $20 a week of gormet coffee we'd drink if it was all gourmet. So I buy a bag for us as a treat & then buy the big can at the grocery store (or Aldi) for the rest of the week. Well, to make the cheap coffee taste better I have found that adding a dash of ground cinnamon to the coffee grounds before brewing helps a ton! It cuts the bitterness & adds a "Cafe Vienna" quality.

Of course adding a homemade flavored syrup (Gingerbread Latte Syrup) can help too, but if you don't like sugar it won't help you :D.

No comments: