Monday, March 12, 2007

Ahh spring cometh...




Time to break out the capris & shorts! And for us girls that means shaving all the way up. Come on, unless you are dating, you know that winter is the season we save our $ by not buying the weekly pack of disposable razors. I can say (somewhat apprehensively) that I only purchased one package of razors before winter began & I am just now needing a new pack. I have also noticed the facial hair issue & boy do my eyebrows need a trim. I know lots of women have the facial hair issue who have lighter hair, but with my dark brown, almost black hair the peach fuzz isn't exactly peachy...

So, I have started looking into other types of Hair removers like waxing, sugaring or inhibiting. I dislike the grocery store hair remover creams. If I leave them on long enough to work they give me a rash (or at least ugly red marks). I am then having to use them a day before I go anywhere, who can plan ahead that far ahead. What do you do if they aren't 100% effective tweeze, shave??? And it isn't like the hair stays away for long.

So I am looking to the web to find a better alternative to shaving & cheap removal creams. The hair removal kits of "Hair no More" look interesting to me, especially appealing is they claim to be 95% effective for 4-5 months! It almost makes the $75 price tag seem worth it, since the razor that I have just discovered costs $13+ for 4 replacements & that is 1 months worth in the summer... I'd spend $65+ just on razor cartridges over the 5 months, forget the time spent precariously perched in my shower risking life & limb to get at that weird spot just above my heel...

Of course there is always the sugaring option. Works like wax, but it isn't supposed to stick to your skin. I'm not sure how that makes it less painful, but I remember the infomercials of that stuff the Aussie Mom invented to help out her daughters with hair removal. So if Mom "invented" you would think it wouldn't be sheer torture. I hope!

I might have to look into this one a little more. I just bought a fabulous pair of capris (had to I am 2 sizes smaller than what I own now! WooHoo) & I want to look my best in them.

No comments: