I was going to post about Goal 2 of 2007, but I'm just not inspired. Soooo, I'm gonna share my Gingerbread Latte Recipe with you. It's a copy of Starbucks, I think, anyway it's still YUMMY!!! I use it in regular coffee too, not 1/4 cup but to taste (I go about 1 Tbs or so, depending on stregth of coffee). (It was also good with my home made hot chocolate mix...)
So make this at home & save the $5 you'd spend!
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh espresso
8 ounces milk, steamed (with a little foam)
1. Make the gingerbread syrup by combining water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Be sure the pan is not too small or the > mixture could easily bubble over.
2. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat when it's done and slap a lid on it.
3. Make a double shot of espresso (1/2 cup), using an espresso machine. Use the machine to steam 8 ounces of milk, or heat up the milk in the microwave if your machine does not foam and steam milk.
4. Make your latte by first adding 1/2 cup espresso to a 16-ounce cup. Add 1/4 cup gingerbread syrup, followed by the steamed milk. Stir.
5. Top off the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Makes 1 grande latte (16 ounces).