Saturday, March 24, 2007

Happy Saturday to all!

I am still getting used to the new computer & missing all my files...
It is so empty with out them! I feel weird, naked even. Files I have had for years - sob - Gone!!!

Ah well life goes on & another life lesson learned. I should send that one to TLC for their life lesson figurines!

So the land of frugal has become CHEAP! We had to spend more than 1 paycheck on the new puter, so dh could still work, so we are now a paycheck behind. Plus the apartment still isn't rented. We are really trying to not be picky, but what is it with tenants & pets & kids, it is only a 1 bedroom... I'm not thrilled about having another persons animal here again & I'm not sure where an older kid would sleep???... but then I do want it rented...

I will have to go buy a couple groceries, mostly milk & cheese, but we'll be living out of the pantry for a while. I'll let you know what I create, since I don't have my recipes I'll be out there looking for new ones!!!

I have decided that I am going to start sewing more for resale. I just haven't decided what. We aren't going to open the ice cream concession trailer back up this year, it just doesn't make sense to open the 1 location when it lost $ last year & the main location had to carry it. I hate to let it go, I don't like being a statistic, but it just didn't work for us. Our lifestyle isn't ready for the work all summer off all winter thing. Maybe when we retire to a warmer climate...in like 35 years!!! I'm sure people will still be eating ice cream!

I went to a PartyLite candle party this afternoon with my sister, it was fun. I do like the party part, it was just all the work I didn't like! Seemed like an awful lot of stress over something insignificant...candles. I love them, but really! I only ordered some aroma melts for my melter, since all I have is vanilla & it is strong. I ordered Fresh Green Apple, to match the hurricanes I'll be putting in my sconces when I spring clean. Then the house will smell fresh & clean like green apple!!!

While I was there I got invited to a Pampered Chef party, love them too! I really do need to replace my wooden spoons. They just last forever & I use them for everything. Guess I'll have to make sure I'm setting aside spare change so I have $! I have until the 21st of April to save up! Not that the spoons are expensive or anything, I just try really hard not to make random unnecessary purchases... FABRIC DOES NOT COUNT!!! (hehehehe)

No comments: