Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Frugal Tip #15

Homemaker Barbi has a list of 50 frugal tips.

My favorite ~ ~12. Use a 30-day list. To curb impulse buys, create a 30-day list. When you want to buy something, other than a true necessity (medicine or food, for example), put it on this list, with the date you added it to the list. And make it a rule that you can’t buy anything for at least 30 days after you put it on the list. And stick to it. You’ll find that you buy a lot less with this system.~ I think I will start doing this with the kids they seem to want something new every 5 minutes...

I think the best frugal tip I have today is to have breakfast for dinner at least once a week. Eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage all are relatively cheaper than most main meal items (steak anyone!)

Stumble It!

No comments: