Saturday, August 9, 2008

Frugal Challenges



My current frugal challenge... Sports. That's my challenge right now. We made it through baseball about $300 poorer. Yikes, figure pictures, registration, new spikes, bat, gloves, helmets, bags for carrying them, treating the team at the snack stand once, game time snacks, lice spray for the helmets in the gear bag (just to be sure). It adds up fast.

Now the Prince is playing midget football. Almost all the equipment is owned by the league, nice!!! So thankfully he can wear his baseball spikes, at least for now, I don't think they'll fit by the time he starts games. He's growing like a weed lately.

You would think in a small community there could be an old equipment exchange or something.

Anyways we just had to spend $20 on undergear for UNDER the uniform. We aren't done, he'll need a long sleeve shirt once it chills down here. Hopefully I'll be able to get that for around $10, but we'll see.

So running total for football $45, & 2 batches of peanut butter bread. Still to come snack stands, lots of travel & the pancake breakfast.

I think I am going to try to organize a pre-season equipment exchange next year. This stuff is hardly worn and they outgrow it like CRAZY! I'm sure I'll get resistance, for such a small town there seem to be a lot of snobbish people who think they are too good for that, at least that's the attitude they put forth. But how can I resist when he is this excited about all his cool uniform stuff!



Stumble It!

No comments: