Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday #3



I think I am having one of those crisis moments that comes from realizing that the kids will be home an hour early for the rest of the school year, A WHOLE 7 days. And on the 7th day we have planned to have our yard sale they will be home at 11:30. I feel I have accomplished nothing and I am not ready for both children to be here for the whole summer. I will have the neighbors children until they start summer school. The Prince will have summer rec & reading camp, but still. A whole summer & I have not planned anything, eek!

So instead of giving into the chaos in my head, and instead of feeling like a complete failure and absolutely incapable of giving any kind of tip on any topic I will go get another cup of coffee & check my P.O.D.A. to see what needs to be done today. Maybe I'll play FlyLady's crisis cleaning broadcast. Because sometimes the only thing that is consistent at bringing me back to a sane place is the mundane doing of my daily tasks. Laundry, dishes, vacuuming these give me peace. How strange that sounds! If it were a nicer day here I'd go find quiet on the riding lawn mower. Maybe I'll go weed the garden. I will go into the play room & organize things a little while the Princess watches whatever movie Disney.com is streaming today. I only have a couple weeks left to complete the challenge from The June Roundup

No comments: