Monday, December 11, 2006

Virtual Cookie Exchange

I have this recipe scaled to make lots & lots. This is a tried & true family favorite. I always make the blossoms first then either freeze the leftover dough or make regualr cookies with it. I think this takes just about a bag & a half of kisses.

Peanut Butter Cookies
3 cup of peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
2 cup of shortening
5 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
12 tablespoons milk
4 tablespoon vanilla
4 egg
7cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon baking soda

Mix first five ingredants together at med speed until blended good. Add the egg, and mix well. At low speed Gradually add last three ingredients. Mix for 1 min longer. Scoop on to pan and make a criss cross on top with a fork. ( I just push it down gently with my fingers) Bake at 375 for 6 to 8 min. when you see them starting to set and are starting to turn brown take them out. Once they start to crack they have almost been to long. If I see one start to crack I pull them out quick. If you are going to freeze them scoop them out and put them on a cookie sheet. I go ahead and make my criss cross on them before I freeze them. Once frozen put them into a ziplock.

Variations Peanut butter blossoms Use creamy peanut butter. Make your balls with a small scoop (if you only have a med cookie scoop brake them in half) and roll them in sugar (do not flatten). Place on a cookie sheet and bake till just starting to brown. Pull them out and push a Hershey's kiss down on the center of the cookie. These are awesome.

No comments: