Friday, December 8, 2006

Ah Christmas!

Ok so I am still not feeling the mood at all! Dh decorated the house, looks like
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Special Edition) in here.

Maybe it's because Christmas is starting to mean my birthday & that is becoming increasingly depressing! Not just a constant reminder of my increasing age, but of my lack of real adult direction. I know what I am good at, I know what I am doing is important & worthy. I guess it just isn't wholly the direction I thought I would be going by now...

I wish I could say that we were being really frugal this Christmas & only doing simple decorations, but no! We (Dh decorated remember) have the large retro christmas bulbs on a string in each of the leaded glass windows. Now what used to be a dark room unless the sun was setting (a phenomenon I know happens daily but we haven't seen here since September...) is now so bright I walked in to "turn off the light cuz no one was in the room" & realized that it was just decorations.

We have already pruchased the childrens gifts. Dh & I are buying a new printer, that's what we decided we needed. Our exchange gifts will be simple, candle stuff, handmade or online purchases. Guess I need to go make some cut outs cookies!!! That always screams Christmas to me.

By the way, I discovered a virtual cookie exchange happening Monday the 11th! Sounds like fun & I love a good recipe!!!

http://jennsjournal.clubmom.com/jennsjournal/2006/12/first_annual_vi.html

No comments: