Saturday, December 23, 2006

Recovery!!!

Ok, so I've had time to think about it ~my craft addiction that is~ and I think that I have done a good job with what I have!!!

There is no way to get around the little expenses that creep up. Thread is to the sewer like eggs are to cake. It just isn't one with out the other. I am also at a point where I am not accumulating, I am replacing. Besides dh & I haven't been on more than an overnight in 12 years (there was a long weekend we called a honeymoon). Everyone needs a vacation, and right now mine is my sewing room!!!

So I guess that doing my craft as frugally as possible is the best I can do! Just wish there were a fabric store I could work at...Loved the employee discount!!!

I just got a 13 gal bag of clothes from my Mom. It's full of fleece, flannel & denim. There is even a silk pant suit. Not sure what I'll do with that, but it felt nice & some of it was quilted, so who know the possibilities are endless. Our Salvation Army got what I didn't take, so nothing will go to waste.

So for now I just need to evaluate my projects, work from my stash & stick to replacing only what is essential!

~Sigh~ As long as I avoid the stores I'll be ok!!!

No comments: