Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More MYO Recipes

I created the hot cocoa mix recipe from several I had found online. I am a coffee nut, fanatic, slightly obsessed... I am glad that I don't live or work any where's near a Starbucks & I am too big a snob to go for the icky convenience store ones regularly (maybe in a moment of desperation!!!) SO the tons of mochas & lattes & creamer recipes I have collected get used frequently!!!

Hot Chocolate Mix
4 cups dry milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
½ tsp salt
1/2 cup non dairy powdered creamer
1 tsp instant coffee (optional)

Mix ingredients and store in an air-tight container. Use 1/4 cup mix per cup of boiling water. Makes 20 cups total.

I have made this with mini marshmallows and or mini chocolate chips. I store mine in a zip lock bag. This is also good with a peppermint candy cane stir stick.

Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
2 cups Coffemate Powdered Creamer
1/2 c. packed DARK Brown sugar
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
Blend well, store in zip lock bag. Add 1 Well Rounded tsp to Hot Coffee or Tea.

Mocha Mix
¼ cup powdered non-dairy coffee creamer
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup instant coffee
Blend this dry mix in a blender. Use 1 tablespoon of mix to 6 ounces boiling water. Makes 16 servings.

To show that I have other yummy things to offer, besides COFFEE or chocolate!!! We use this all summer on grill food!
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipes!