Thursday, December 28, 2006

Couple of Easy Chicken Crockpot Dishes

I usually don't have boneless skinless breasts around so I use what I have. Most of the time it's pieces, or if I've been to our meat market boneless thighs. I also rarely use milk when I crockpot. I will use the dry nonfat powdered milk with the amount of water called for.

HEALTHY CROCKPOT CHICKEN
2-3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I make my own cream of soups)
1 can skim milk or water
3/4 cup rice (NOT instant)
1 cup water
1 chicken bouillon cube (I usually leave out)
peas, broccoli or any other vegetable you like
Put chicken breasts in the crockpot. Add soup, milk, rice, water, bouillon cube and vegetables in the crockpot. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.

Chicken Taco Filling
1 packet taco seasoning (or 4 tbsp. bulk seasoning)
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
Dissolve seasoning into the broth. Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour chicken broth over. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
With two forks, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Use in soft or hard tacos, burritos, nachos, etc.
**NOTE: This can be frozen, in its own juices, in plastic freezer bags.

No comments: