Friday, December 15, 2006

Goal 1

Teach my kids respect for money.

Give them knowledge & understanding of how the world works. And how to think out of the box.


The Rich Dad website has great products. I know the game for kids is on top of my things to buy in the new year (have ya noticed I am a list person... & yes there really is a list!) I have read
and


I think I am getting Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women - Because I Hate Being Told What to Do! for Christmas...

I think dh bought himself Why We Want You to be Rich: Two Men - One Message

So once I read em I'll let you know what I think... I can say that the first 2 books I've read have given me the tools to get as far as we have. Granted lots of past problems & that stupid voice inside that (ok DAD) says you can't do THAT!

I don't want to be the voice holding my kids back when they are ready to claim their future. I don't want the "get good grades, go to college, get a GOOD JOB" echos in their heads. Education is the cornerstone of our society, but really. Why go into debt $50K before you are 20 so you can get a good job at McDs... The loan payments alone will require 2 jobs. Dh & I both fell into the GOOD Job philosophy. I was smack dab in the middle when I figured out I didn't want to go forward, but had NO exit strategy. I interned in exactly what I wanted to do & HATED IT. I found myself in the bathroom sobbing more than once. I don't want to teach my kids that they have to do it anyways because it's a good paycheck.

There are many things the Prince already needs to UNlearn & he is only in 2nd grade. He is absolutely offended if you offer him a soda pop, because the "Drug Education Guy" told them it's a drug... OK so maybe caffeine is, BUT, I felt like a pusher!!! I was afraid he'd call social services on me... Of course he has never liked the stuff anyways, but the Princess(3) will down a can in a heartbeat (so we don't have it around often).

Frugal tangent~~~Besides the obvious sugar content & no I don't think a 3 year old is attractive all hyped up on caffeine & sugar (I don't buy into the theory that it has NO effect, come over after she's been into the Halloween candy jar). I just don't feel it's a frugal thing. So I buy it on sale or store brand, but I find that having it in the house keeps dh from drinking water.~

There are many levels to our families frugalness. But the only reason we do any of it, is because we want to be successful & raise successful children. I can't wait for my January check to arrive so I can order the Cash Flow game & play with the kiddos!!! I am hoping to learn just as much as they do!

No comments: