Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am THAT Mom...

I've been reading We are THAT Family for a while know. I just don't see how they are so much different from MY family, does that make us normal...???

Anywho, I just had to add my current THAT Family story to the blog-ishpere. Last week my almost 5 year old daughter swallowed a magnetix ball, ball bearing, metal marble... thingy. I haven't taken her to the ER yet, she isn't blocked up, but my Mom is freaking out about it.

We haven't been able to tell if she has passed it yet. Honestly, I was more afraid of giving her the half dose of mild laxative I gave her the night she swallowed the thing...

So, should I call our idiot DR.? Sorry, hubby still hasn't fixed our Primary Care Physician issue yet... Find someone with a metal detector??? go to the airport??? Find an inner city school??? I didn't read anything about these being dangerous alone, and the real danger is for small toddlers & the magnetic parts... I just don't think this is worthy of freaking out about. IF she were constipated and turning shades of yellow green I'd have her there in a flash, but this doesn't seem to be that HUGE. Or should I be freaking out???

Is it terrible that I just don't want to call this stupid Dr. and explain the whole thing. Like why was she putting this in her mouth??? I don't have a clue, it's not like we encourage her to put random gross things in her mouth. Or why didn't we call the next day? Well, I gave her a laxitive & waited, which would probably have been their orders, or there might be an inhaler perscription... OK sorry tangent.

Stumble It!

No comments: