Sunday, March 30, 2008

March recap

1. Budget our money better.
We are keeping up with our bills pretty well, we did have an unplanned car repair this month that threw things out of whack, but not so bad. Thanks to my working for the Easter store at least!

2. Pay down our debt.
We made our $120 loan payment, I'm not sure if we used the other $80 for debt or if it went to Easter baskets. I think that it might have gotten spent on something other than debt, given that I wasn't around much in March!

3. Use savings, rebates & misc found money to fund our emergency fund.
The kids received money from a trust started by their Great Grandparents, apparently the account had stopped earning interest so hubby's parents decided to distribute the money. We will be funding their 529s & their mutual fund accounts with it. Since I was busy for most of the month I didn't really shop much or plan my shopping trips. We mostly went for convenient food & the basics. I don't think we spent as much as usual on stuff, but thanks to my previous months shopping we didn't run out of anything important. Now I can get back to my coupons & CVS trips!

4. Blog daily. I really do need anywhere web access!!!

5. Work on one DIY project everyday.
Sure, I've been struggling just to catch up the laundry! But I have been busy this week clearing out the stuff, so we can do the next project!

6. Do better at cards to friends & family.
Why am I even bothering!!!

7. Focus on MYO (make your own) mixes and grocery items.
I just put together a corn bread mix & have 2 loaves of bread dough in the freezer. I think I missed being in the kitchen, scary.

8. Eliminate more clutter.
I have been decluttering the last couple days. I am still having a hard time with the "letting things go" the "I might need this someday" is winning. But not for long. It is just so overwhelming to have things & you don't know why, so out they are going. Hopefully I will be able to make a dent in this by the end of spring. After all it didn't show up overnight, so I don't expect it to be gone in a poof. It would be nice though!

No comments: