Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Super Saving Saturday (late!)

Check out other Money Saving Moms HERE.

I went to CVS Saturday after the Princess's dance class, boy did we do good. My oop was $0.80, I didn't use a single ECB but I earned over $50. I only did so good because I was able to get a Contour Breeze 2 Monitor which are on sale for $9.99 with $9.99 back ECB, plus there is a $50 coupon floating around (and a MIR up to $40). I bought 2 more of the Sambucol elderberry syrups that are $12.99 with $10 ECB (4 total). I can buy 1 more & I'm sending hubby to buy some too this month. If it does the job (keep us from getting as many colds) it'll be worth the $, plus it tastes good. And we are taking it daily now & 4 will not get us through cold season.

I also took advantage of the Nature's Bounty buy 1 get 1 deal with the $2 coupons plus the $3 ECBs, I made out! I picked up some Ginseng, Melatonin, Flaxseed & a B vitamin complex.

I remember my total before coupons was $85, so I think I might be getting the hang of this! The cashier did say that I won the award for best shopper, so at least they like me! Of course there are some at the same store that don't, but it's not like I'm doing anything wrong, just taking advantage of whats out there!

Tomorrow I am running for the cottonelle deal, some rubbermaid containers & of course more Tylenol!!!

Our Walgreen's is set to open in a couple months, wonder what that will be like???

I am also going to start using Ebates more for online purchases, mostly because I like the cash back option. Or you could Join MyPoints
and earn gift cards (CVS, Walmart, Old Navy, JCPenny are my first choices). I think we'll shop a lot more online mostly because our gas is OUTRAGEOUS right now & we are both working from home so why drive if ya don't have to!!!

No comments: