Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hanging Wallpaper

...is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Of course I didn't pick a restricting pattern with impossible matchings to be made. It is however highly time consuming.

It took us about 8 hours to do the ceiling. Our mistake was marking every 21" with a line, that took a while, especially when all we really needed was one line to work off of. Much of the rest of the time was spent waiting for the glue to cure, 5 minutes per strip. The pattern was easy to line up since it was mostly boxes (think tin ceiling tiles). The walls aren't done yet, but I only have the old closet left to do & I am waiting for some Spackle to dry. I was almost done with it yesterday but I noticed that there were some areas that just needed a little more help & it was time for the school bus to arrive anyways! What is left should be simple & only take me half of the day LOL! It's at least 6 strips of paper so that's 30 minutes just waiting for the glue!!!

The wallpaper project cost us just around $100 including tools we didn't already have.

We still have $114 to spend the rest of the project will be stuff we already have (approx $150 worth) So we'll be around the $1000 mark (in approx value of stuff we bought & already had) & it will look like we spent so much more. Mostly because we used a lot of things we already had, bought carefully & reused a lot of stuff (I LOVE spray paint!)

No comments: