Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Organization & me

Understanding Chronic Disorganization


This is so me! It seems like every time I start to put things in order, something happens. Like the house was nice, orderly & organized for the Holidays but now that we are in week 4 of the bathroom redo the kitchen (landing place for all bathroom stuff) looks like a tornado hit it. I am trying to get rid of the clutter, but I swear it multiplies in the dark.


Again I have to remember that there are only 24 hours in a day & I need at least 6 of them for sleep, 4-8 for working, leaving only 10-14 hours for the "other" stuff. Of course I am not the only one living here, but I refuse to play the martyr. We just have too much stuff for our space & there is no getting around that. Plus we have too much going on right now. I am hoping to have the bathroom finished by this weekend, so at least one room will be clean organized & functional. I am trying to get one thing done at a time, that's my new 2008 habit I'm working on. To complete as much of a task as possible in the time allotted. Like after posting I will be off to complete the wallpaper in the bathroom. Then all we'll have left to do it install the trim. We are going to buy a utility cabinet & install a counter but I think that is a weekend project so my job is to make sure that it can be done then!!!


From there we are going to start the small projects needed to move our bedroom upstairs. Heat would be nice :D. So I will be able to get the kitchen & pantry back in order. The desk will be back upstairs & so will all the paper clutter that is on it., not before I toss 75% of it for the junk that it is!

No comments: