Sunday, January 20, 2008

Green Me Up?

Green Me Up was an amazing show so full of ideas & projects that can make our homes & live "greener."  My only problem... The trash they generated doing it.  Can you imagine having to replace every (120 I think) light bulb at once with a CF.  The pile was just sad.  I doubt that they NEEDED to change every light bulb, wasn't that wasteful, not green???  Could be wrong here, but hey I know I'd have to take out a Home Equity loan to change all the lights & bulbs over to "Greener" versions if I did it at once.  We replace as we go & most of the "long running" fixtures have been changed out to CFs, we even put some decorative CFs in the upper bathroom.


Plus hubby & I got a kick out of the prize, It was a golf cart!!!  We'd have to get special permission to drive that thing on our roads & I wouldn't have the battery life to make it to the grocery store, because at 25 MPH it would take me 45 minutes to an hour to get there!!!  We are about 15 to 20 miles to stores (by the time you sit at red lights & deal with side roads).  And then where would I put the stuff???  Since I try to shop only once a week (or less, that would be awesome!) I have to buy a lot at one time!!!


There were a ton of great projects on the show, like insulating & updating appliances, it just seemed to do it all for the sake of doing it missed a BIG green principle.


Powered by Qumana


No comments: