Thursday, June 7, 2007

I added it up...

The new with tags items I purchased from yard sales totaled $63. Most of those were clearance sale prices. But I think the nwt stuff was maybe 1/3 of the stuff I bought & I didn't spend $60 the whole day (at least not at yard sales!). Felt good to put a bunch of things in storage for the Princess, I hadn't done it in a while so there is this "prepared" thing I feel! Now if she has another growth spurt (she's grown almost 2 inches since April) I should be able to still dress her!!! Shoes is another problem! I just can't seem to find good CHEAP kids shoes. I'd just love a pair of sneakers not to fall apart before they are outgrown, but then I don't think they need to be in perfect condition for 3 children either...Anyone found a good compromise? I usually just pick through whatever Walmart or Payless has to offer. And hope I don't have to go back in 3 months because they outgrew them, or worse, fell apart after 2 weeks...

I have to check the paper & see if any good sales are happening this weekend. I still need to look for clothes for the Prince & sports equipment is the best to find at yard sales!

My wild strawberries are looking good! We have several with fruit on them, hopefully we will get to them before the animals do! I may put in a few plants once we get the garden going. Still waiting for my Dad to come till. He hasn't done his own garden yet. I have gotten the plots cleaned up a little so the big rocks are gone & I rescued a couple of locust trees that were sprouting. If we don't plant them here I'm sure my Dad or Brother will take them for down at the farm. Locust is good for firewood & fence posts! I thin if we go to the store I'm gonna buy some soil & get the pumpkin seeds started. I probably should have already, but last year we had pumpkins so early we weren't sure they'd be around for Halloween!

No comments: