Sunday, March 22, 2009

The medical front...

I had my outpatient surgery Thursday. They removed a lymph node that had been swollen almost 2 years, from my neck. I have to wait until tomorrow for the lab results to come back, very stressful! Hubby did OK with it all, just a little freaked out. Of course I'm on meds & they aren't making me as loopy as I'd like. I haven't taken any yet today, I'm waiting for him to get home from work/church. I don't like taking things when I'm home alone with the kids! Does that make me strange???

It took a whole day for the whole area around my neck to start to hurt. I must have been very tense! Now I hurt from jaw to shoulder, I'm such a baby!!!

The OR staff was a hoot. They were picking on me as they wheeled me into recovery, because I was giggling. I woke up on the move, that's a strange feeling, but apparently no one ever giggles!!! I am weird I know, but sedation is an odd thing...

I have to thank the sperm & egg donors for sharing some stellar genes here! Precancerous colon polyps, giant cell tumors, swollen lymph nodes, cervical polyp... what's next people! I have now had just as many surgeries as my hubby, of course one of his was a broken wrist reconstruction & the other a knee... Mine are minor by comparison! Oh if I ever have to meet you...having to learn your medical history as you go isn't fun when you have kids to worry about, grrr to the biologicals.

1 comment:

Lissaloo said...

I would totally be leary of taking an strong med's if I was the only one home with the kids, what if something happened?? I hope you're feeling better :)