I found this 2008 Wrap up Meme from I've got a little space to fill in my RSS feeds & think it will be a good way to catalog our year.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Started working at a Non-Profit organization.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did ok on 2008 goals, if there was a grade I'd give myself a 75%
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes - my Mother-in-Law
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't leave New York this year (except for a couple trips over the border into PA).
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A start on our EF, more free time with the kids, a cleaner house
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
9/30, 9/6, 10/3, Princess' Dance Recital
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job outside of the house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
not enough funding the EF, paying off very few debts
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, just getting through the Dr. appointments dealing with it now though.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Wii, aside from the occasional argument about "how" to play we've had great family time playing together.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
We had so many new things with the kids in 2008; dance, t-ball, baseball, football, soccer, school. They've accomplished so much.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Housing, gasoline, food & bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Awake by Godsmack, don't know why...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
same, same, same (but I feel poorer, we are still feeling the pinch of high gas, because we couldn't keep up with our bills, back when it was $4 a gallon)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sewing, doing fun stuff with the kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. How many one-night stands?
365 with the same guy!
23. What changes did you make to “green up” your lifestyle?
None, we already use CFs, recycle & reuse. I should drive a greener vehicle but they don't make a truly Green vehicle that we can drive around here.
24. What was your favorite TV show?
Bones, Battlestar Gallactica, Lost (don't miss these)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, strongly dislike a former Dr though, dislike only grows with every new test I have to have done that SHE MISSED 3 YEARS AGO.
26. What was the best book you read?
Just Do It was one of the only books I've managed to finish cover to cover in 2008!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dragon Force was 2008s.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
4 slice toaster (didn't want it as a gift, yuck!)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Attack of the Clones
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
35 & we celebrated Christmas Eve, as always
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A trip to the zoo with my kiddos, time at the beach, finishing a quilt.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
What has come back in style since I stopped working in an office 10 years ago that I still have in my closet "just in case" I ever had to dress up...
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp. David Boreanaz.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Advocacy for the poor, children, medical... there's just so much bureaucracy not enough compassion.
37. Whom did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
my co-workers & hubby's we work with great people
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Balance is a goal it isn't something we will ever achieve.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here in my arms.