Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Links

12 Things I learned by 42 that I wish I knew at 22
Great article, I can totally agree on the MLM advise. Not all are bad, but once we got out of ours & did some research from the "other side" we realized the road we had been on was thinly paved over a sink hole... Or that's the polite way of putting it. We got out apparently right before the whole thing headed south. I can only imagine the spin that the "leaders" were trying to put on things. While we were able to take healthy business deductions we never made any kind of a profit, we just spent a lot of money we didn't have on things I'm still finding buried in boxes, all touted as "tools".

I've also half heartedly attempted a "party" based business, unless you have a lot of friends already into the product it's hard to get started. Plus due to my previous experiences all the "rah-rah" stuff was lost on me!


The Pros & Cons of working at Home I agree on the points of commute expenses & distractions. There is always laundry to be done & now that we are both working from home the distractions are endless!!! Because there is always something to be done around the house (the bathroom for example). We are in the process of moving the office back upstairs so the person working won't be distracted by the kids.

10 Things to do Today. Great List of things to focus on!

Money Saving Saturday, I didn't go to CVS this week. I should have because there were some great deals to be had & I am out of ECBs, but I just didn't get there. We went to Home Depot & Walmart instead, had to buy the Prince some new soccer gear, darn those growing kids! My sister got the deals of the week 2 skirts at Old Navy for $2 each, I bow to her!!!

No Bake Cookies I've never made these without the cocoa powder. Sounds like a yummy treat, just in case you're out of cocoa!

Homemade Valentines day cards craft for Kids look like a fun afternoon project. I bought cards on clearance last year for the kids & the kids I watch already bought theirs, but just in case you are behind... I think we'll adapt these for some kind of St. Patrick's or Easter Project, even May Day flowers would be cute!

No comments: