Friday, February 1, 2008

January Goals Recap

1. Budget our money better. Well we are pretty much caught up on bills for the month, we are only putting off the water until next week's pay check.

2. Pay down our debt. We made the $120 payment, the other $80 went to catch up on the electric bill. So January = $200. But I am left with a -1.33 cash balance in my IRA due to a terrible stock deal (not my doing, reorganization left me with 1/2 a share & I got hit with a $20 fee from TD). We also got my first babysitting $, so that helped!

3. Use savings, rebates & misc found money to fund our emergency fund. I have finally received a couple rebate checks (including the one for my stand mixer) We will deposit them into the savings account next time we are at the bank. I also have a stack just waiting for postage.

4. Blog daily. Obviously I haven't been posting daily, but I've blogged a bit!

5. Work on one DIY project everyday. Well it hasn't been EVERY day, but we have been busy! Just installed new ducting to the upstairs. We are on track to be up there by spring.

6. Do better at cards to friends & family.
Not even close, I so stink with this!!!

7. Focus on MYO (make your own) mixes and grocery items. I've done better at this, breads, pie, cookies. The only snacks we bought all month were fruit, crackers & chips. Oh yeah & the Timbits (donut holes) from Tim Horton's. Thanks to my neighbor I am now addicted... I also need to add take out expense into my next project budget. After sanding cutting & installing all day there was no one left to cook! Or I need to plan better & crockpot.

8. Eliminate more clutter., I am doing better with the toys & clothes. I have taken a trash bag or two out of the kids rooms. Plus I have a box for donation. My next tackle is my laundry room/pantry. This will also be prep to re do the floor & paint the walls in there.

No comments: